Position Title: Applications Development Engineer
Department: Applications Development
Reports to: Director of Contract Manufacturing Sales & Apllications Engineering
Provide technical support to Sales, Production, Engineering and Quality groups. Work on new Applications Development activities based on Customer Driven requests and/or Corporate Research and Development goals. Continuously improve existing processes to positively impact Sales Growth, Operational Efficiency, and Profitability. Works with other Preco technology groups as needed.
- Organizes and completes process development demonstrations, complex test studies and research using D.O.E. concepts
- Determines feasibility of new/difficult applications
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment and processes, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.)
- Assists Sales and Engineering in producing accurate quotations/estimates and proposals
- Writes technical, quality and production procedures
- Improves existing laser processes, and explores new laser applications
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to Contract Manufacturing Services production team
- Provides technical support and training by visiting customers at their facilities
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor
(Demonstrated leadership, skill and interest in at least one of the following)
- Leads cross-functional project teams (consists of writing memos, conducting meetings, scheduling activities, motivating people, etc.)
- Manages specific "Target Market" Production/Process development activities
- Shows demonstrated expertise in target market or process area
- Designs, organizes, implements and helps maintain workflow systems to enhance shop productivity, efficiency and sales volume
- Four year engineering degree with two years industrial experience, or an associates degree with five years industrial experience
- Knowledge of laser based fine metal welding, cutting, heat treating preferred
- Understanding of general laser based processing and laser beam delivery methods
- Galvanometer scanhead processing knowledge preferred
- Experience with CNC machine controls and programming
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications
- Good interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills
- Willingness to travel per customer demands
- 5% travel
- Standing for long periods of time (1-2 hours), frequent working on and around equipment.
- Must have good eyesight and be able to distinguish colors.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Hudson team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Hudson, WI