Position Title: Applications Development Engineer
Department: Applications Development
Reports to: Director of CMS Sales and Applications Engineering
Provide technical support to Sales, Production, Engineering and Quality groups. Work on new Applications Development activities based on Customer Driven requests and/or Corporate Research and Development goals. Continuously improve existing processes to positively impact Sales Growth, Operational Efficiency, and Profitability. Works with other Preco technology groups as needed.
- Organizes and completes process development demonstrations, complex test studies and research using D.O.E. concepts.
- Determines feasibility of new/difficult applications.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment and processes, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.).
- Assists Sales and Engineering in producing accurate quotations/estimates and proposals.
- Writes technical, quality and production procedures.
- Improves existing laser processes, and explores new laser applications.
- Provides technical leadership and mentorship to the Contract Manufacturing Services production team.
- Provides technical support and training by visiting customers at their facilities
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
COLLATERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Demonstrated leadership, skill and interest in at least one of the following)
- Leads cross-functional project teams (consists of writing memos, conducting meetings, scheduling activities, motivating people, etc.).
- Manages specific “Target Market” Production/Process development activities.
- Shows demonstrated expertise in target market or process area.
- Designs, organizes, implements and helps maintain workflow systems to enhance shop productivity, efficiency and sales volume.
- Four-year engineering degree with two years industrial experience, or an associate's degree with five years industrial experience.
- Knowledge of laser-based fine metal welding, cutting, heat treating preferred
- Understanding of general laser-based processing and laser beam delivery methods
- Galvanometer scan head processing knowledge preferred
- Experience with CNC machine controls and programming
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications.
- Good interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills.
- Willingness to travel per customer demands.
- 5% travel.
- Standing for long periods of time (1-2 hours), frequent working on and around equipment.
- Must have good eyesight and be able to distinguish colors.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI