Position Title: Assembly Technician
Reports To: Production Manager
Responsible for the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assembly of component parts and complete machines from blueprints and / or written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Assemble component parts and machines from blue prints or instructions
- Perform quality inspections on assemblies using basic measurement equipment
- Complete basic machine set up and testing of operational functions
- Build fixtures and tooling to assist in the efficient assembly of components
- Perform basic machining tasks as needed to assist in the assembly of components
- Recommend process improvements and changes for increased quality or efficiency
- Perform various tasks or projects as required by management
- High school graduate with 3 – 5 years of industrial assembly experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Experience with various hand tools, power tools, and basic measurement equipment.
- Self motivated and capable of working in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate or be trained to operate a fork lift.
- Good computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Supply basic hand tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Intermittent exposure to safe levels of cleaning solutions, solvents, grease and paint.
All Preco, Inc. – Lenexa employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Lenexa team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Lenexa, KS