Position Title: Assembly Technician
Reports to: Production Manager
Responsible for the mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic assembly of component parts and complete machines from blueprints and/or written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision.
- Assemble component parts and machines from blueprints or instructions.
- Perform quality inspections on assemblies using basic measurement equipment.
- Complete basic machine set up and testing of operational functions.
- Build fixtures and tooling to assist in the efficient assembly of components.
- Perform basic machining tasks as needed to assist in the assembly of components.
- Recommend process improvements and changes for increased quality or efficiency.
- Perform various tasks or projects as required by management.
- High school graduate with 3 – 5 years of industrial assembly experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Experience with various hand tools, power tools, and basic measurement equipment.
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate or be trained to operate a forklift.
- Good computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Supply basic hand tools.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Intermittent exposure to safe levels of cleaning solutions, solvents, grease and paint.