Position Title: Contract Manufacturing Services Sales Engineer
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Sales
Reports to: Director of Contract Manufacturing Sales & Applications Engineering
Supports New Market Development and carries out sales efforts to gain profitable CMS Business. With the support of the Director of CMS Sales, researches, supports, and grows New Markets. Fosters growth of existing CMS markets.
- Pursue new CMS markets and programs through Social Media, direct contact, tradeshows, email, etc.
- Develop proposals for programs with assistance of production and engineering resources
- Contact potential and inactive customers to solicit new orders and gain market information or new orders
- Assists customers in determining suitability of applications over the phone and in person
- Provides estimates/quotations from customer supplied sketches, drawings, sample parts, or verbal descriptions (using input from programming, production, quality and engineering staff to gain information and support)
- Assists in developing pricing structure for specific jobs
- Actively tracks open quotes and prospects
- Advises on the writing and distribution of accurate, detailed, production orders
- Acts as Project Manager for small and medium complexity CMS opportunities.
- Expedites orders and maintains customer contact, assisting with problems or changes in product, scheduling, etc.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.)
- Develop relationship with key customer accounts
- Maintains/organizes customer files and marketing/lead management software
- Monitors personal performance to departmental goals
- Assists in the design of focused advertising (mailings, literature, etc.)
- Organizes sales and process development demonstrations
- Works at trade shows and visits customers at their facilities
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum two-year technical degree required, four-year engineering degree preferred
- Two years sales and/or industrial experience
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications and purchase agreements/orders
- Knowledge of Social Media Marketing preferred
- Good interpersonal, written communication and computer skills
- Good understanding of laser and non-laser processing methods
- 20% travel
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI