Position Title: Electrical Technician
Department: Systems Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for assembly, integration, and testing of various electrical devices and complete systems according to schematics, written, or verbal specifications with minimal supervision.
- Build, label and wire electrical panel per schematics and panel layout.
- Wire cable sets using solder/crimp connectors.
- Perform all responsibilities of Electrical Assembler I and II positions.
- Build and troubleshoot various electrical devices and/or complete systems using ambiguous or incomplete documentation/designs and verbal specifications with minimal supervision.
- Complete intermediate tuning, testing and troubleshooting of systems or components.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of assigned systems/projects.
- Recommend design improvements and process changes with limited supervision.
- Document changes and corrections on schematics, blueprints and BOM’s.
- Provide occasional field service support.
- Train and guide Electrical Assemblers I and II as required.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Technical school graduate in related field or equivalent training.
- Ability to work from schematics, layout drawings, sketches and verbal instructions required.
- Proficient in the use of hand power tools and soldering equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in the use of PC’s, multimeters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use a multi-meter to perform various checks on systems.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally 2-3 hours at a time of standing or sitting, also bending, crouching, overhead reaching and stooping for lesser periods.
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohol's and lead (solder smoke).
- Ability to work with small parts and good hand dexterity.
- Good eye sight; also must be able to distinguish colors.
- Travel = 5%
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI