Position Title: Field Service Representative
Department: Lenexa Die Cutting Division Service Operations
Reports to: Director of Service Operations
The Field Service Representative is a non-exempt position residing in the Lenexa, KS, office of Preco, Inc. The position requires extensive domestic and international travel to install, service, and conduct operator and maintenance training on the entire line of Preco, Inc. products. When not traveling, the incumbent provides telephone technical support to customer maintenance personnel and machine operators and performs electronic and mechanical bench repair work as required.
- Travel to customer sites to install the entire line of Preco, Inc. products.
- Travel to customer sites to troubleshoot and repair the entire line of Preco, Inc. products.
- Travel to customer sites to conduct operator and maintenance personnel training.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and technically correct telephone technical support, answering customer questions on system operation, providing troubleshooting assistance to customer maintenance personnel, identifying and providing replacement part numbers, and taking replacement part orders.
- Perform final checkout of new equipment being shipped to customers, and complete the necessary inspection paperwork, ensuring that a quality product is shipped and that all manufacturing processes are critiqued and updated.
- Issue MRAs as necessary for customers requiring product repair in the service repair depot or the return of warranty replacement parts for evaluation and possible credit.
- Provide prompt and efficient repair of customer units, service exchange units, and service rental units sent in for service depot repair, with a goal of returning units to customers within five working days of the receipt of the unit.
- Assemble and wire system controller upgrades, using crimping and wiring tools, drills, and small hand tools to complete the projects.
- Assist in the development of troubleshooting procedures for use by Preco, Inc. service associates and customer maintenance personnel.
- Assist in the development and presentation of service maintenance classes for Preco, Inc. service associates and customer maintenance personnel.
- Properly maintain the company-issued tools and test equipment required to perform the job function.
- Input all required information into the Preco, Inc. CRM system, real-time, during each telephone technical support call.
- Complete an accurate and timely field service report for each visit to a customer site, and have each field service report signed by the customer at the end of the service visit.
- Complete an accurate and timely expense report for each service visit to a customer site.
- Adhere to the published Preco, Inc. travel policy and employee handbook requirements.
- Assist all Preco, Inc. managers and associates to develop a spirit of teamwork and support that provides a professional image and the highest level of service possible, allowing the service department and the company to meet the requirements of Preco customers, both internally and externally.
- The Field Service Representative should possess a minimum of an Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology, or equivalent technical and/or military electronics training. A Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology would be an asset.
- The incumbent must possess a current, non-restricted driver’s license, and the ability to meet the qualifications to rent automobiles both domestically and internationally.
- The incumbent must possess a current passport for international travel, or have the ability and qualifications to obtain one.
- The position requires advanced troubleshooting skills on mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic systems.
- The position requires two years of prior work experience in a related product repair or field service environment.
- Excellent customer communication skills are essential. The incumbent must demonstrate above-average interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- The incumbent must demonstrate proficiency in the use of digital test meters, oscilloscopes, hydraulic gauges, and a working knowledge of personal computer systems and PLCs.
- The position requires work in customer environments that may require the use of eye protection, safety shoes, and hard hats.
- Working in an industrial environment
- Must have excellent eyesight and hearing
- Use of both arms and hands
- The ability to climb on ladders and work on elevated platforms
- Lift 50 pounds comfortably.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Lenexa, KS