Position Title: Laser Applications Technician
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Set-up, run and QC parts using laser systems assuring maximum safety, efficiency and conformance to customer specifications.
Program and operate equipment in Contract Manufacturing Services. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Set-up beam delivery, laser and tooling
- Write and/or debug programs using CNC programming or Preco specific software
- Direct production labor upon completion of equipment setup/validation
- Operate laser machinery to process materials/parts to meet customer specifications
- Initiate and perform "best practice" efforts
- Document changes to existing jobs (parameters, tooling, etc.) for future production runs
- Perform test studies, documenting parameters, tooling and any additional information as required
- Follow and create work instructions, as required
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance, as directed
- Complete required paperwork
- Various other duties as directed by Supervisor
- Two year technical degree required, four year degree desired
- Knowledge of CNC programming (M and G-codes)
- Computer skills and math aptitude
- Proven background regarding self direction and motivation
Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day. Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change). Rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrists over 2-4 hour periods. Repetitive back, wrist, arm, shoulder, pinching, elbow and finger movements occur continuously. Fork lift driving is also part of the job.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI