Position Title: Laser Applications Technician
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Set-up, run and inspect parts using laser systems and inspection data to assure maximum safety, efficiency and conformance to customer specifications.
Program and operate equipment in Contract Manufacturing Services. Specific responsibilities are as follows:
- Set-up beam delivery, laser and tooling.
- Write and/or debug programs using Preco specific software.
- Direct production labor upon completion of equipment setup/validation.
- Operate laser machinery to process materials/parts to meet customer specifications.
- Perform quality inspections of finished parts.
- Run and program various inspection equipment.
- Document changes to existing jobs (parameters, tooling, etc.) for future production runs.
- Perform process development, documenting parameters, tooling and any additional information as assigned.
- Follow and assist in creating work instructions, as required per customer requirements.
- Perform necessary preventive maintenance.
- Package and route parts to shipping and perform cleanup as required.
- On-call technical support per on-call policy.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Various other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required, 2-year technical degree preferred, 4-year degree desired.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office required, AutoCAD a plus.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Roll to roll material processing experience preferred
- Use of measurement equipment such as Smart Scope, Micro-VU preferred
- Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
- Rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrists over 2-4 hour periods. Repetitive back, wrist, arm, shoulder, pinching, elbow and finger movements occur continuously.
- Forklift driving is also part of the job
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Hudson team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Hudson, WI