Position Title: Machinist
Department: Systems Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for the machining and fitting of parts and assemblies according to blueprints, written or verbal specifications with minimal supervision.
- Efficiently produce parts by setting up and operating machine shop equipment.
- Make fixtures and tooling as needed to complete jobs.
- Complete alignment and quality checks using basic measuring devices.
- Recommend design improvements and process changes with limited supervision.
- Responsible for machine maintenance.
- Assist and train other staff personnel in machining and other tasks related to machining.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Technical school graduate in related field or equivalent training
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions required.
- Math and mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in the use of standard machinist tools and measuring instruments.
- Familiar with working properties of metals.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting up to 50 lb.
- Occasionally 3-4 hours at a time of standing or sitting, also bending, crouching, overhead reaching and stooping for lesser periods.
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohols and lead (solder smoke).
- Ability to work with small parts.
- Good eyesight and good hand dexterity.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI