Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services (CMS)
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Provide technical support to the Contract Manufacturing Services sales, production, maintenance, and quality groups. Carries out a responsive engineering effort to gain and process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customer’s expectations. Works in operations, improving profitability, efficiency, productivity, and sales volume. Interfaces with the corporate technology departments and other business units.
- Develop estimated costs for proposed projects.
- Develop and execute a specific phased project plan for each approved application.
- Develop the process concept, proposal, budget, and timeline.
- Coordinate personnel for process and technology development, process design, manufacture, test, documentation, installation, and service.
- Assist Sales, Quality and Production on large/critical jobs to determine customer requirements and help launch production programs.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.).
- Organizes and participates in Continuous Improvement efforts on production programs.
- Understands Process Capability, Statistical Process Control and can apply to large/critical jobs
- Designs tooling/work holding for CMS jobs.
- Writes technical quality and production procedures.
- Assists in the coordination, compilation and analysis of test and inspection reports.
- Visits customers at their facilities as needed.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year engineering degree (ME preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of industrial experience.
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams whose members are provided from a matrix-type organization.
- Project management and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver products that meets the customer's expectations and are within budget.
- Knowledge of Solid Works, AutoCAD, PC-based software for word processing, spreadsheets, project management, design, and manufacturing preferred.
- Experienced with blueprint reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, SPC methods.
- Good understanding of laser processing methods, material science, CNC programming.
- Able to work independently, with very good verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% travel.
- Handling and near vision- over 4 hours a day.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., talking, hearing, and working alone 3-5 hours a day.
- Walking and reading 2-3 hours a day.
- Standing, sitting, stooping, crouching up to 4 hours a day.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI