Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical support to ensure products meet established specifications, achieve customer requirements, and are manufactured in a cost effective and timely manner. In addition, the Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for coordinating the launch of new production programs, using our project management processes.
- Develop estimated costs for proposed projects.
- Develop the process concept, proposal, budget, and timeline.
- Create and maintain engineering standards, utilizing our ERP system.
- Support and/or lead customer qualification activities including MVP, IQ, OQ, and PQ development and approval.
- Coordinate personnel for process and technology development, process design, manufacture, test, documentation, installation, and service.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.).
- Organizes and participates in Continuous Improvement efforts on production programs.
- Designs tooling/work holding for CMS jobs.
- Writes technical quality and production procedures.
- Interfaces with customers on a regular basis to manage projects and/or solve problems.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Four year engineering degree (ME preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience.
- Experience in an organization certified to ISO 13485. Also prefer FDA/GMP experience.
- Experience with leading multi-disciplinary teams whose members are provided from a matrix-type organization.
- Knowledge of Solid Works, AutoCAD, PC-based software for word processing, spread sheets, project management, design, and manufacturing preferred.
- Good understanding of laser processing methods, material science, CNC programming.
- Able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% travel.
Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day. Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Hudson team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Hudson, WI