Position Title: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Department: Laser Equipment Division, Engineering
Reports to: VP, Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Manager leads the mechanical design group that designs laser processing machines for the Laser Equipment Division (LED). The manager also assists the sales, manufacturing, service and quality groups. Carries out a responsive engineering effort to help gain and process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customers expectations. Works on operations, improving profitability, efficiency, productivity, and sales volume.
- Builds, maintains and motivates a high quality engineering group by selecting, training, and facilitating for technical expertise, communication and leadership skills
- Provides guidance to mechanical engineering team on individual projects
- Lead mechanical designers on individual projects
- Leads project design teams on large/critical customer jobs
- Assists in guiding the activities of the Laser Equipment Division
Provides Technical Support Services
- Assists sales in producing accurate quotations/estimates and writing proposals
- Works with customers in determining feasibility of new/difficult applications
- Oversees mechanical designers for all LED jobs
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different products, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.)
- Oversees the improvement of work flow, design tools and engineering productivity for new equipment, rework/improvement of existing equipment
- Works trade shows and visits customers at their facilities
Provides administrative support
- Oversees and/or assists in the development of quality systems relating to the mechanical engineering group.
- Designs, organizes, and completes employee training programs
- Develops, revises, and displays operational goals and educates employees on continuous improvement
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Four-year mechanical engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Four years industrial/supervisory experience
- Fluent in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office products
- Additional training in finance/accounting/business helpful
- Ability to create/analyze blueprints, specifications and purchase agreements/orders
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills
- Good understanding of laser processing equipment and methods, material science, CNC programming, dimensional tolerancing
- 10% travel
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI