Position Title: Mechanical Technician
Department: Systems Manufacturing
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Responsible for layout, assembly, and testing of various mechanical devices and complete systems according to blueprints, written or verbal specifications with minimal supervision.
- Build and troubleshoot various mechanical devices and/or complete systems using ambiguous or incomplete documentation/designs and verbal specifications with minimal supervision.
- Complete alignment and accuracy checks using laser measurement and ball bar devices.
- Coordinate the manufacture of assigned systems/projects.
- Complete advanced troubleshooting.
- Recommend design improvements and process changes with limited supervision.
- Document changes and make improvements on blueprints and BOM’s.
- Provide occasional field service support.
- Train and guide Mechanical Assemblers I and II as required.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Technical school graduate in related field or equivalent technical training.
- Ability to work from blueprints, layout drawings, sketches and verbal instructions required.
- Proficient in the use of hand power tools and basic measuring devices.
- Experience using machine tools such as lathes and mills very desirable.
- Experience reading and wiring to electrical schematics a plus
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lifting up to 50 lb.
- Occasionally 2-3 hours at a time of standing or sitting, also bending, crouching, overhead reaching and stooping for lesser periods.
- Intermittent exposures to safe levels of cleaning solutions, acetone, epoxies, solvents, alcohols and lead (solder smoke).
- Ability to work with small parts.
- Good eyesight and good hand dexterity.
- Travel = 5%
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI