Position Title: Purchasing/Materials Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Supervises the Preco Purchasing/Inventory/Shipping functions for both Laser Equipment Division (LED) and Contract Manufacturing Services (CMS). Coordinates with Sales, Engineering and Assembly to support production schedules for LED/CMS. Buys assigned commodities in a cost-effective and timely manner, insuring the total least cost to the company. Oversees supplier selection and evaluation processes. Performs training on inventory control and purchasing modules for new materials personnel.
- Provides work direction to purchasing, inventory, and shipping teams.
- Buys, and directs the buying, of materials for Systems Manufacturing and CMS departments (IMS & MPC)
- Monitors vendor’s quality, delivery, and price record.
- Responsible for the administration of the cycle counting program.
- Oversees the development and improvement of material and inventory control and purchasing operating policies/procedures.
- Coordinates purchasing and inventory control activities with the Area Supervisors to meet their needs efficiently.
- Interfaces with other departments on new and existing projects.
- Responsible for machine shop schedule and make vs. buy decisions.
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts.
- Two or four-year college degree in business desired.
- 5+ years in a computerized purchasing, production planning and inventory control environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Hands-on experience with a highly integrated manufacturing/business system environment is desirable.
- Spreadsheet, database management and word processing software knowledge desired.
- 1-2 years supervising in a manufacturing environment required.
- Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen.
- Regularly 2-5 hours of direct communication with company personnel and external customers.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem-solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI