Position Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports to: Quality Manager
The Quality Assurance Technician – MPC is primarily responsible for supporting the organization by providing inspection and testing, administration of nonconforming material, coordination of calibration records, and support of the corrective and preventive action processes. In addition, the Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for providing support to the leadership team to ensure our Quality Management System is maintained.
- Provide customer qualification and production processing support by completing inspection and testing.
- Administration of Preco’s Calibration system
- Administer Nonconforming Material system
- Completes incoming inspection and performs dock audits (final inspection) as required
- Provide technical guidance to the team regarding appropriate inspection and testing methods and techniques
- Support production by completing in-process inspections, using a variety of QC gages, including Microvu
- Support customer qualification activities, including MVP, IQ, OQ, and PQ.
- Develop and execute First Article Inspection reports, including measurement of parts and releasing reports
- Develop and execute product and/or process capability studies, as required to support the product teams
Provides technical support services:
- Specifies and maintains necessary inspection and testing equipment to ensure conformance to customer specifications
- Performs internal auditing functions as assigned
Provides administrative support:
- Periodically report on the performance of Preco’s Calibration system
- High school diploma or GED required. 2-year technical degree/certificate preferred.
- 3 to 5 years quality related experience
- Experience programming Precision Measurement Systems (MicroVu or Keyence preferred) but not required
- Experience in an organization certified to ISO 13485 preferred but not required.
- 10% travel
- Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day.
- Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2-4 hours before a rest or change).
- Rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrists over 2-4 hour periods. Repetitive back, wrist, arm, shoulder, pinching, elbow and finger movements occur continuously.
- Forklift driving is also part of the job
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Hudson team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Hudson, WI