Position Title: Quality Engineer
Reports to: Director of Operations
Carries out a responsive quality effort to process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customer's expectations. Works on operations, improving profitability, efficiency, and productivity. Interfaces with Sales, Engineering, Production and other business units. Assists the Quality Manager to drive and foster a continuous improvement environment throughout the organization.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material. Identify CAPA opportunities.
- Leader of CAPA teams
- Coordination of inspection and testing methods and sampling plans
- Leader or Team Member representing quality and assuring quality on new product development projects
- Leader or Team Member of quality improvement projects to reduce costs and reduce customer complaints
- Evaluate product and/or process changes for impact on quality
- Leader or Team Member of proactive efforts in product quality and process capability improvement
Provides Technical Support Services
- Specifies and maintains necessary inspection and testing equipment to ensure conformance to customer specifications
- Performs internal auditing functions
- Develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.) use of Lean Six Sigma
- Leader of product and/or process qualification efforts, including customer requirements such as PPAP, First Article, FMEA, Control Plan, Gage Capability Studies, etc.
Provides administrative support
- Provides periodic quality summary reports using statistical analysis CpK, SPC
- Educates/trains employees on quality and continuous improvement concepts
- Assists in designing, organizing and facilitating employee training programs
- Oversees technical writing projects concerning quality and production procedures
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Four year technical degree (preferred) or two year technical degree with equivalent experience
- Four years quality related experience
- Strong background in statistics, quality inspection methods, inspection equipment, AQL and ISO 9001
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, leadership, written communication and computer skills
- Good understanding of laser processing equipment and methods and dimensional tolerancing desired
- 10% travel
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI