Position Title: Rotary Die Cutting Technician
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services Production, Somerset
Reports to: Contract Manufacturing Services Supervisor
Set-up, troubleshoot, and operate rotary. Inspect parts to verify conformance to customer specifications. Perform setup, equipment changeover, and assure equipment is acceptable running condition.
- Ability to produce prototype parts from scratch on the rotary from a drawing file and customer requirements
- Experience with the operation and adjustments on a Rotary Die press
- Knowledge of pressure sensitive adhesives, films, and other substrates and how those materials react to die cutting and handling on equipment
- Ability to solve problems and make necessary adjustments to equipment
- High level of mechanical aptitude
- Experience with inspection techniques
- Ability to be the lead operator for a given project and run equipment with and without guidance
- Able to work as an individual or on a project team
- Ability to use Microsoft office to create documents and spreadsheets
- Ability to use AutoCAD to modify and create machine layouts
- Design tools and work with vendor for tooling on new and existing projects
- High school education or GED.
- Must have 2-3 years related experience.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. shoulder height.
- Clean room experience is beneficial.
- Good eye sight for visual inspections
Lifting of up to 40 pounds occurs sporadically throughout the day. Sitting and/or standing for long periods of time (2.4 hours before a rest or change). There are rapid repetitive motions of the hands and wrist for 2-4 hour periods. Repetitive back, wrists, arm, shoulder, elbow, and finger movements occur continuously. Fork lift driving is also part of the job.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI