Position Title: Service Manager
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Responsible for achieving total customer service satisfaction for Preco, Inc. Provide strategic leadership on deploying, training and utilization of technical service resources. Managing Service revenue through selling service labor, parts and preventative maintenance of customers equipment.
- Drive and develop operational, financial growth and productivity initiatives.
- Develop metrics on field service profitability and resource models to maximize productivity.
- Maintain service department personnel work assignments, departmental procedures, scheduling and inventory.
- Schedule service technicians for customer equipment repairs, system runoffs, installation and training.
- Maintain the quality, quantity and timeliness of answers to customer questions or problems.
- Build and maintain a high-quality team of employees through selection, training, and facilitating.
- Make decisions as to warranty/non-warranty service and parts.
- Set departmental service rates, both labor and parts.
- Facilitate proper working relationships between service technicians and customers.
- Provide customer phone support.
- Coordinate Service assistance using resources outside of the Service group.
- Report to the management of weekly activities and customer concerns.
- Perform service/installation work as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or equivalent in experience with a laser, electronics or software background.
- 8-10 years experience with laser or computer-controlled electro-mechanical systems in maintenance/manufacturing/operations/equipment building.
- Excellent leadership, communication, sales and customer service skills.
- Managerial training/experience preferred.
- Must be able to communicate technical information effectively.
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatic schematics with troubleshooting skills and techniques
- Willingness to travel(less than 10% of the time).
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Electronics, software, laser processing and system integration experience helpful.
- Programming ability and aptitude (PC and CNC).
- Lifting up to 50 lb.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI