Position Title: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Work with Preco customers to install, train, trouble shoot problems, repair and provide quality parts for laser systems to keep the systems in acceptable operating condition and maintain maximum customer satisfaction.
- Install NC laser systems and/or train customers on the operation and maintenance of the machine.
- Troubleshoot PC hardware and software problems.
- Respond to customer calls regarding equipment/operation problems. This involves troubleshooting/problem solving over the phone, handling emotional customers, helping with fix versus buy decisions.
- Travel to customer's locations to repair and install systems.
- Schedule your Field Service Trips & itinerary
- Test and repair parts sent in by customers.
- Handle parts sales by maintaining proper inventory, taking customer orders and sending out parts
- Attend technical conferences and seminars, read technical journals or manuals and actively pursue internal/external training to keep abreast of new software and hardware product developments.
- Continually learning and becoming familiar with servicing all industrial laser systems.
- Learn Preco Software Packages: Acubeam, Acunav, MPLC, Procam, Delta Tau, etc.
- Learn the basics of process’s such as Metals cutting, welding, converting, and packaging
On a regular basis the incumbent works with the following tools, equipment or work aids:
- Hand tools/power tools
- Voltmeters/high voltage probe
- Power meters
- Imaging plates
- Gas leak detector
- Minimum two year technical degree in laser technology, electronics or electro-mechanics.
- Mechanical and electronic aptitude.
- Ability to communicate well and troubleshoot over the phone.
- Experience and/or training for PC troubleshooting.
- Willingness to travel up to (over course of one year) 60%.
- Valid drivers license and a good driving record.
- Programming ability and aptitude (PC & CNC).
- Laser processing emits some fumes (smoke/odors).
- Safety measures must be taken with electrical hazards associated with high voltage (35,000 volts).
- Safety glasses must be worn in case of laser beam deflection.
- May be required to carry pager/cell phone for extended hour coverage.
- Exert force to 50 lbs. occasionally, or a moderate amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects. Continuous (2) hours of sitting or standing. Continuous hours working with CRT screen and mouse.
- Frequent reaching, handling, and near acuity (under 20").
- Occasional fingering, talking, hearing, far acuity (over 20'), and depth perception.
- Occasional extended work days, travel and working around and/or with industrial equipment.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI