Position Title: Shipping & Receiving Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Materials
Ensures organized information/material flow and smooth daily operations in the shipping receiving area. Unloads trucks, verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipping by performing the following duties.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shippers to rectify damages and/or shortages. Routes items to departments in a timely manner. Identify and document nonconforming products.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, order or other records.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selected pre-assembled containers and close with appropriate closures.
- Works closely with machinist and inspector to ensure timely flow of parts from inspection to inventory.
- Create purchase orders and coordinate machine shop parts for outside processing. Issue material to jobs, review and close jobs on a daily basis.
- Maintains the inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates a forklift or uses a hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from the shipping and receiving platform to the storage or work area.
- Back-up support to other departments (e.g. inventory, purchasing, etc.)
- Assist with filing of assorted forms, i.e. purchase orders, transfer tickets and requisitions.
- Receives, stocks and picks inventory for issuance to the floor or requisitioner.
- Assists in cycle counting and physical inventories to ensure on-hand accuracies.
- Help maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment.
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisor, which may include support to other departments.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 1-2 years in a shipping/receiving environment preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; organizational skills very desirable.
- Familiar with windows based applications.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Lenexa, KS