Position Title: Software Engineer
Department: LED Engineering
Reports to: Director, Controls Engineering
Programming of PC and Windows-based applications for Laser Processing Equipment.
- Develops Windows based software applications for controlling Laser Processing Equipment, including GUI, machine control, recipe/file management, etc.
- Generates detailed functional requirements and software specifications
- Ensures software designs meet functional requirements and are completed on time
- Coordinates and generates test plans, protocols and documentation of software
- Supports the commissioning of Laser Process Equipment
- Provides training to Laser and Service Technicians
- Communicates project status to project engineers and managers
- Generate support documentation for manuals
- BSCS (Computer Science) Degree and preferably 2+ years of software engineering experience.
- Ability to work both individually and in a team environment as dictated by project requirements and magnitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge in the following areas required:
- Object Oriented Programming in .NET environment utilizing C#
- Microsoft Visual Studios
- Programming in Windows 7/10 Environment
Technical knowledge in the following areas desirable:
- Knowledge of machine control and motion control with PCs
- Knowledge of CAD (graphical) programming
- Knowledge/Experience with of Microsoft Team Foundation Source Control
- Knowledge/Experience with Windows Forms
- Knowledge/Experience with markup languages such as XML
- Knowledge/Experience with C++ programming
Direct and phone communications with customers, component suppliers, company personnel, and contract personnel. Occasional travel to customer facilities for design, installation, and service related activities. Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI