Position Title: Sofware Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Provides engineering support by the programming of PLC and PC -based applications and performing the following duties:
- Design, develop and maintain software for machine control applications.
- Participate in the customization of existing products and development of new products.
- Provide debug and post-sale support for Preco equipment.
- Ensures software designs meet equipment requirements and are completed on time.
- Works individually or a part of a team depending on a project’s scope.
- Develop software specifications and flow charts.
- Coordinates and engages in testing and documentation of software.
- Provides additional or back-up support for projects when passed to production engineering.
- Communicates project status to the Director of Engineering.
- BS in Computer Engineering or Computer Science with Engineering emphasis, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software development for the manufacturing industry.
- PLC programming experience receives stronger consideration (not required)
- C# programming experience using WPF (MVVM a bonus, not required)
- C++ programming experience (MFC a bonus, not required)
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Occasional travel to customer facilities for design, installation, and service-related activities.
- Extended hours of sitting, viewing a computer screen.
- Perform software installations and debugging of systems in the manufacturing environment.
- Occasional light lifting.