Position Title: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Contract Manufacturing Services (CMS)
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Provide technical support to the Contract Manufacturing Services sales, production, maintenance, and quality groups. Carries out a responsive engineering effort to gain and process profitable customer orders and help Preco exceed customer’s expectations. Works in operations, improving profitability, efficiency, productivity, and sales volume. Interfaces with the corporate technology departments and other business units.
- Proven track record of Project Management & launch of production programs
- Track record of Continuous Improvement project generation, planning, implementation and validation
- Provide a leadership role for other team members
- Assist Sales, Quality and Production on large/critical jobs to determine customer requirements
- Works with customers in determining feasibility of new/difficult applications.
- Organizes process development demonstrations and the completion of routine test studies.
- Provides day to day math and technical support to help quality and production in evaluating jobs running on the shop floor; assists in setting up complex/difficult jobs.
- Regularly analyzes services provided for customers to develop new ways to better satisfy customer needs (new/different equipment, alternative work methods, improved quality/service, etc.).
- Improves shop floor workflow, improves existing laser processes, specifies, justifies, and acquires new equipment, reworks/improves existing equipment.
- Designs tooling/work holding for CMS jobs.
- Implements and trains on Statistical Process Control procedures on large/critical jobs.
- Writes technical quality and production procedures.
- Assists in the coordination, compilation and analysis of test and inspection reports.
- Assists in the implementation of an ISO-9001 quality system.
- Visits customers at their facilities as needed.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Four-year engineering degree (ME preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industrial experience.
- Experienced with blueprint reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, SPC methods.
- Project management, team building, and leadership skills.
- Good understanding of laser processing methods, material science, CNC programming.
- Able to work independently, with very good verbal and written communication skills.
- 10% travel.
- Handling and near vision- over 4 hours a day.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs., talking, hearing, and working alone 3-5 hours a day.
- Walking and reading 2-3 hours a day.
- Standing, sitting, stooping, crouching up to 4 hours a day.
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in Somerset, WI