Wide Range of Applications
Close tolerance screen and stencil printing is usually associated with smaller-format substrates and print areas such as used in micro-electronics. In recent times, however, there is a growing need for larger-format applications as used in the medical, solar, display, and flexible electronic circuitry fields.
MTS® Series printers allow better process stability for large areas – in all axes, and with superior results based on your screen making capabilities. Preco's X-Y-theta camera registration can be equipped with a variety of fiducial recognition techniques, to provide unique repeatable accuracy for all formats.
- Flexible circuitry (solder mask, photo-imageable coatings, nomenclature, etc.)
- SMD (web solder paste application, blind via fills, conductive adhesives, etc.)
- Biosensors (test strips, tab electrodes, de brillator pads, etc.)
- Thin-film solar photo-voltaics (collectors, insulators, z-connectors)
- Displays (bistable, electroluminescent, etc.)
- RFID (antennas, interposers, connectors, etc.)
- Membrane switch assemblies (overlays, circuitry, adhesive, etc.)
- Fuel cells
- Polyesters (PET, PEN, etc.)
- PVC (rigid calendered or limp)
- Thin metal foils (dependent on softness rating) or foil laminates
- PSA materials
- Many papers
- Thickness range from 50 microns (0.002′′) to 380 microns
- Other thickness dependent on material exibility
- Drying options
- UV curing (microwave or ballast medium
- Substrate cooling during the UV cure
- Dichroics, quartz shielding
- Custom substrate chill plates
- Tower convection (various lengths)
- Infrared curing solutions
- Contact or non-contact web cleaning
- Corona treatment
- Static neutralization
Curing of Inks
Preco offers a choice of either a conventional medium-pressure mercury vapor lamp system, or a microwave-excited lamp system.
Print Area Enclosure
Keeps emissions away from operator, dust off wet ink, and shields potential skinning of UV ink from ambient radiation.
Drying of Inks
Equipped with your choice of drying methods. Standard systems include tower convection drying.
Mask Application & Removal
Eliminates the need for manual removal of protective laminates. Automatically reapply laminate after the final print. Excellent for working with two-sided printing where pristine finish is essential.
Off-Line Material Rewinder
For single color print units, rewinds roll back to beginning, keeping roll straight and tight.
Contact Substrate Cleaning
Tacky roller technology easily translates into a web screen printing operation.