Position Title: Estimator/Quote Engineer
Reports to: VP - Engineering
The Estimator/Quote Engineer is responsible for putting together the technical portion of a quotation package for laser based equipment for the Preco sales team to present to the customer. Developing the quotation package may include estimating material and labor costs, creating conceptual layouts/renderings, getting quotes from sub suppliers, developing power point slide shows and/or automation and writing the technical portion of a the quotation for the customer. The quote package is expected to have accurate cost estimates, defined risks and include what is necessary to meet the customer's expectations. The Quotation Engineer has a leadership role in coordinating cross functional teams that will consist of sales, engineering, process development, assembly, service, sub suppliers and Preco’s management team. The sales team will take lead with communication with the customer but the Estimator/Quote Engineer will provide technical support.
- Evaluate a customer's application.
- Lead or participate in team selling activities.
- Directs, coordinates and/or performs activities for developing a quote package.
- Performs design calculations, researches design alternatives and performs cost analysis to meet or exceed expected cost and performance targets.
- Design, test and analyzes prototype components.
- Develop system concept and layout drawings/renderings and functional automation if required.
- Fixture concept designs.
- Provides technical assistance during the sales process.
- Directs and coordinates the hand off of information from sales to engineering after a sale is made.
- Maintain Product line cost sheets, quotations, and layouts
- Works closely with the sales staff and engineering to communicate the status of quotations
- Work and attend trade shows and technical conferences.
- Assist in developing product sales materials including catalogs, brochures, product specifications and competitive selling tools.
- Stay abreast of all relevant process and technology developments within the company and in industrial sectors.
- Special assignments as required.
- Four year engineering degree and a minimum of six years engineering experience
- Minimum of ten years engineering experience in lieu of degree. Experience related to machine tool design is essential
- Demonstrated experience with effective customer communications relating to technical, and logistic matters
- Experience with all phases of developing industrial equipment
- Demonstrated ability to estimate costs of equipment that meets the customer's expectations
- Interested in working on standard and custom or "one of" systems
- Technical writing skills
- Experience in at least two of the following areas:
- materials handling components such as dial tables, feeder bowls, pick-and-place mechanisms, and robots
- automated material processing systems such as welding or cutting systems that process individual parts
- automated web and/or sheet converting systems for materials such as paper, plastic, fabric, and composite films
- tooling and fixture design for locating individual parts
- machine design experience
- knowledge of manufacturing process
- sheet metal design
- geometric tolerancing and drafting standard
- Experience with SolidWorks, Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel), etc.
- Experience with SolidWorks composer a plus
- Direct and phone communications with customers, component suppliers, company personnel, and contract personnel
- Travel to customer facilities for sales related activity
- Extended hours of sitting and viewing a computer screen
- Up to 20% travel
All Preco, Inc. employees are empowered to stop production and notify their supervisor/manager if an unsafe act or product quality concern is occurring. Also, each member of the Preco – Somerset team is responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and participating in problem solving teams as necessary.
Send resume to: email@example.com
This position is located in Somerset, WI