ID cards are used more and more in today’s market for anything from a driver’s license to smart cards. Each card is often different (variable data). ID cards involve cutting a specific image precisely to minimize waste and rejected parts. There is often a lamination step that if not done well,directly impacts the consumer. Preco, a premier provider of die cutting equipment, utilizes optical registration technology in the processing to ensure parts are cut to tolerance. In addition, accuracy is achieved throughout processing with Preco technology that includes precise in-line laminating and card-to-card matching. We can collate and keep track of variable data in the processing. Preco laminates roll-to-roll, sheet-to-roll, sheet-to-sheet, printed sheet-to-printed web, and printed web-to-printed web.
- Smart cards
- Credit cards
- ID cards
- Loyalty tags
- Driver’s Licenses
- Library cards
- Voter registration cards
- Insurance cards
- Cards are automatically stripped from the waste matrix and collated in sequence on the conveyor using the Preco unique tandem roll feed system.
- Increased steel rule die life achieved through accurate control of cutting depth via the powered Micrometer Ram Adjustment.
- Heated platens can provide better cutting with reduced tonnage.
- Cut-to-print accuracy to ± .001" (0.0254 mm) in 1, 2, or 3 axis for image to die registration.
- Increased system versatility. Preco presses handle both sheet and roll material or laminate sheets into coil format.
- Versatility to handle virtually any type of flat bed tool, via Preco four post design. Tools include steel rule, male/female, combination, progressive,chemically etched, machined.
- Reduced die costs. High speed processing increases throughput with fewer cavities.
- Labor saving using the Preco Optical registration system of top or bottom layer for laminating two printed material in register to one another.
- Custom built for all industries and markets with help from Preco’s Engineering and Design team.
The applications team at Preco has extensive knowledge in die cutting and laminating ID cards. For more on die cutting and laminating ID cards, contact Preco today.