Processing of magnets can include digitally printing variable data magnets onto a cost-effective material, then laminating the material to the magnet. The ideal technology for die cutting magnets includes optical registration, magnetic blanks, laminating the magnets, as well as collating. With Preco, die cutters can process a number of parts at a time, taking into account pattern irregularities, varying materials and thicknesses to minimize sheeting and produce a more polished, professional look. In addition, other labor-saving steps include knocking out, collating, and stacking like parts into a bin or container.
- Marketing or promotional
- Novelty magnets
- Magnetic materials, sheet or web
- Various overlays
- Minimized tool wear from magnetic material. Die can be changed in a matter of seconds without tools through the use of swing away roll feed and pneumatic quick change steel rule die clamps. Adding a heated platen can improve the life of steel rule dies depending on the materials.
- Automated part removal with Preco part removal systems.
- Accommodates varying material thickness on the same system with Preco adjustable roll feeds.
- Slippage and misfeeds minimized even with a variety of thicknesses. Preco systems independently control the torque and speed of individual roll feeds.
- Increased system versatility. Preco presses handle both sheet and roll material.
- Cut-to-print accuracy to ± .001" (0.0250 mm) in 1, 2, or 3 axis for image to die registration.
- Custom built for all industries and markets with help from Preco’s Engineering and Design team.
The applications team at Preco has extensive knowledge in die cutting magnets. Contact Preco to learn how Preco can assist you in developing proper hard tooling material combinations for your application.